Baiscope

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

New York local

A round-up of some M&E related events in the big apple:

  • Bollywood movies available on cable-ppv. This mostly forgettable list reminds me why I shunned cable long time ago.
  • Loews State theatre in Times Square is showing Maine Pyar Kyon Kiya and Viruddh (here's a review of the latter by a fellow blogger)
  • Imaginasian TV and Film in the City launch "Asia Rising: International Shorts and more" on Aug 10th. Download press release here.
  • Imaginasian hosts the "$5 Film Festival". I can't wait to see Shaolin Soccer, which is part of this festival. After watching Stephen Chow's more recent Kung-fu Hustle, I was found rolling on the pavement outside the theatre, with uncontrollable bouts of laughter. The last time I went that hysterical was during the 14th viewing of Andaz Apna Apna.

11 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home