Baiscope

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Bhaago! it's Bunty Aur Babli

The Upper Stall review for Bunty aur Babli goes
Bunty Aur Babli is a film of missed chances. Look at what the director Shaad Ali Sahgal had going for it – A great cast, the best production house of the country and an extremely strong technical crew. Hence, the disappointment is all the more.

I am usually a cautious guy who waits a week for some unsuspecting friends to get conned by the next bad hindi movie, so they can pass on the good word and I avoid the hassle. However, the catchy song promos, the promise of mast timepass and my soft spot for Rani got the better of me this time and I went headlong for the premier screening at Times Square. The Upper Stall review continiues:
It is that nemesis of the Hindi film, yet again – the script. For a caper film, the screenplay needs to be crackerjack, witty, innovative, fast moving and engrossing -- none of which Bunty Aur Babli is.

I couldn't agree more about this i-wish-i-had-not-wasted-3-hours movie. My one line assessment: B&B is nothing but a revival of the Roop Ki Rani Choron Ka Raja farce.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home